After you have completed your HumanaVitality Health Assessment and achieved Bronze status, the next big step is to get your Vitality Check—body mass index, blood pressure, blood glucose and total cholesterol screenings. You can earn as many as 4,000 Vitality Points for getting these important tests.
You can get them at a number of places, including:
- Your primary care physician, who will perform all these screenings during an annual exam.
- Any Walgreens store in the Healthcare Clinic or pharmacy department, The Little Clinic locations in Kroger or other grocery stores, or Concentra Medical Clinics. They will provide these screenings for free if you present a HumanaVitality voucher. To get the voucher:
- Go to humanavitality.com and put your cursor over the Get Healthy tab.
- Select Vitality Check.
- Go to the Choose a Location section and click on the Walk-in Voucher link.
- Print it and take it with you to the clinic.
- A health fair. Make sure to get your results.
- A health care professional. A licensed medical professional may perform these screenings for you.
After getting the screenings, the results must be submitted to HumanaVitality in one of the following ways:
- Take a photo. You can take a photo of the form that has your results and email the photo to HumanaVitality. To do that:
- Go to humanavitality.com
- Click on the Communications Center button on the upper right side of the page.
- Click on the Send and view secure messages link.
- Click on the Compose Message button in the middle of the page.
- Type a message explaining what you’re submitting.
- Click on the Add attachment button to attach the photo of your results.
- Press the Send button.
- If you got your Vitality Check at a Walgreens, Little Clinic or Concentra clinic, your results will automatically be sent to HumanaVitality.
- Fax or mail your results to HumanaVitality. If your physician performed your Vitality Check and you want to fax or mail the results, you must print and bring a Vitality Check form with you to your doctor’s appointment, and you and your doctor must complete and sign the form. To find the Vitality Check form:
- Go to humanavitality.com.
- Put your cursor over the Get Healthy tab.
- Click on Vitality Check.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link that says Vitality Check in the Your Primary Care Physician section.
- After you and your physician complete the form, you can fax or mail it to HumanaVitality.
- Fax: 1-877-250-7814
P.O. Box 14613
Lexington, KY 40512-4613
Anyone who gets a Vitality Check and submits the results will earn at least 2,000 Vitality Points—800 points for body mass index plus 400 each for blood pressure, blood glucose and total cholesterol. You can earn bonus points ‒ an additional 800 points for body mass index and an additional 400 each for blood pressure, blood glucose and total cholesterol ‒ for each screening that is within normal range.
Getting your Vitality Check will bring you closer to reaching Silver status. HumanaVitality members who reach Silver status by Sept. 1 will earn a $20 discount per paycheck on their health insurance premiums in 2016. Reaching “Bronze” status by Sept. 1 will earn members a $10 discount per paycheck on their health insurance premiums in 2016.