The next installment of the RENEW healthy lifestyle program will begin on Saturday, Jan. 24 from 10 am to noon at the KROC Center, 800 E. Parkway South. The 10-week program combines personal training, nutrition, and group psychological counseling. Classes meet once a week at the same time until Saturday, March 28. For more information, please call 901-227-3519.
The goal of RENEW is to:
- Provide participants with tools that equip them to live a healthy lifestyle
- Recognize and deal effectively with emotional triggers that influence eating
- Manage stress, understand change, develop assertiveness and establish realistic expectations
- Make healthy food choices, eat balanced meals, get active, and lose weight using the non-diet approach
- Eight weeks of exercise (45-minute sessions of cardio and weights)
- Group sessions with a psychologist and educator. Information provided to develop a healthy lifestyle discipline.
- Nutritional group sessions discussing healthy eating.
- Development of a healthy lifestyle and weight loss
- Willing to make changes in habits
- Attending all scheduled meetings
- Completing enrollment forms prior to class
- Participants must reside in the state of Tennessee
Participating in the Program
Classes are limited to 12 participants at a time, and there is no cost for residents of Tennessee. Adults at least 50 pounds overweight are eligible for the program.
RENEW is funded by the Tennessee Department of Health.