Baptist Booneville, Baptist Golden Triangle, Baptist Huntingdon, Baptist North Mississippi and Baptist Union City were named Joint Commission Top Performers on Key Quality Measures.
According to the Joint Commission, the achievement recognizes the hospitals’ commitment to assuring that evidence-based care is delivered in the right way and at the right time. The hospitals were recognized for their care for in the following areas:
- Baptist Booneville- pneumonia
- Baptist Golden Triangle- heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care
- Baptist North Mississippi- heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care
- Baptist Huntingdon- pneumonia
- Baptist Union City- heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care
“Baptist North Mississippi and all the Top Performer hospitals have demonstrated an exceptional commitment to quality improvement, and they should be proud of their achievement,” says Mark R. Chassin, M.D., president and chief executive officer of The Joint Commission. “We have much to celebrate this year. Nearly half of our accredited hospitals have attained or nearly attained the Top Performer distinction. This truly shows that we are approaching a tipping point in hospital quality performance that will directly contribute to better health outcomes for patients.”