Premier Inc., a leading health care improvement company, recently announced the 2016 Baptist QUEST® award recipients, recognizing multiple hospitals for consistently providing outstanding patient care and setting a high standard in clinical excellence.
Baptist congratulates the following hospitals on achieving another nationally recognized standard:
- Baptist Tipton: Citation of Merit
- Baptist Huntingdon: Citation of Merit
- Baptist Collierville: Citation of Merit
- Baptist Booneville: Citation of Merit
- Baptist Union County: QUEST Winner
- Baptist Union City: QUEST Finalist
- Obtaining a mortality rate at least 15 percent less than expected
- Reducing the average cost of care to at least less than $6,870 per discharge (depending on size of the facility)
- Reliably delivering all evidence-based care measures to patients in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care at least 96 percent of the time
- Improving the hospital experience so patients and families favorably rate their stay and would recommend the facility to others at least 76 percent of the time
- Reducing preventable harm events
- Obtaining a readmission rate at least 11 percent less than expected.
QUEST’s approximately 350 hospitals across almost every state continue to increase adherence to evidence-based care delivery, improve the patient experience and avoid harm while reducing mortality, cost of care and readmissions. QUEST hospitals have prevented more than 176,000 deaths, reduced health care spending by more than $15 billion and improved readmission rates by 32 percent.